CBD is a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis that is also known as cannabidiol. It is the second most abundant cannabinoid found in cannabis after tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). It has proved to be a sufficient treatment for the relief of many pains.
However, unlike THC, it is not psychoactive and will not get you high. It’s used in the form of many products like vaporizers, oils, capsules, creams, and balms to help relieve stress and pains. There are many CBD supplements available in the market as well, such as chocolates, drinks, etc.
What is neck pain?
Neck pain is one of the most common problems that many people experience. It refers to the stiffness or numbness of the muscles. It may be a dull or sharp pain affecting your back and the sides of the neck. Rarely, it can be a symptom of a serious problem but if neck pain is accompanied by numbness of the arms or hands or sharp pain in your shoulder, seek medical attention.
What are the causes of neck pain?
Neck pain can happen for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Poor posture: Long hours on the desk can be very damaging to our neck. Slouched back posture also puts stress on the neck.
- Muscle strain: Sometimes, extensive exercise or physical activity can lead to strain in the neck muscles.
- Injury: Injury to the back, neck, or head can cause neck pain or nerve compression.
- Tumors: Tumors in the upper body can also be a cause.
- Arthritis or osteoporosis: Degenerative diseases like arthritis can also be a major reason behind the pain.
How to prevent neck pain?
Simple changes in your daily routine can help you prevent neck pain. Always maintain a good posture while sitting or standing. Take frequent breaks in between working for long hours and stretch your body. Sleep in a good position and avoid carrying heavy stuff over your shoulder.
Treatment of neck pain
The first step for treating neck pain is to determine the exact location and cause of the pain. Many doctors will prescribe medications that can help relieve neck pain. Physical therapy, ice, and heat therapy exercises are also useful. However, CBD is a well-known treatment that has given many people ease from the neck pain. It has replaced the painkillers for an effective treatment.
For minor pain in the neck, you can try these remedies at home:
- It would help if you tried to manage it with an ice pack and take a hot shower after that.
- Slowly stretch the neck in all directions.
- Try using a neck pillow for comfortable sleep.
- Use pain relief medicines.
- Do not indulge in any physical activity like weight lifting or exercise. After a few days, start the activities slowly and gradually; if you feel any pain in the neck, stop right there.
- Try to gently exercise the neck but don’t overdo it.
- Don’t start using a neck collar without the recommendation of a doctor.
- Maintain a good upright posture.
- Keep changing the position; don’t stay in position for a long time.
- Ask someone to massage your neck gently. Get a gentle neck massage
- If your symptoms don’t improve, visit a doctor.
How CBD works for neck pain?
Several studies show how CBD has become a potential treatment for different conditions that cause pain or inflammation. This is because CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system, which helps to block pain receptors. It hinders the glutamate levels in the brain and spinal cord. CBD also relieves the nervous system’s soreness and soothes the discomfort of the body, including muscle pain, sprains, and bruises.
How to use CBD for neck pain relief?
Given below are several ways in which CBD can help you relieve neck pain.
- Applying CBD directly to the neck.
- Consuming CBD orally in the form of capsules. This method will benefit you only by taking an accurate dose of CBD.
- Applying a small amount of CBD products such as topical creams or balms.
- Using a CBD patch. Stick it on your neck at the spot where you experience the pain.
- Using a vaping pen with CBD oil is a great way for vapers to relieve neck pain.
- CBD edibles or treats such as gummies, lollipops, chewing gums, etc. can provide you with both taste and relief.
- CBD cigarettes can also reduce neck inflammation.
- Trying CBD oil concentrate. The most used method is to place drops of the oil under the tongue to be absorbed quickly into the bloodstream. But, the taste might not be pleasant.
Benefits of using CBD:
CBD has plenty of benefits that usually are not available in other medications, including availability, accessibility, and accuracy. CBD items can be bought legally in many areas. Unlike THC, you can take CBD without feeling marijuana’s effect on your mind. The lack of psychoactive effects from CBD makes it appreciated by many. It comes in various forms to help patients of all abilities. Some of its other benefits are as follows:
- Helps to treat pains and injuries.
- Used for reducing stress and anxiety.
- Reduces the effects of insomnia and brain diseases.
- For weight-loss etc.