The hemp seeds are brown-colored seeds rich in nutrients and they are safe to consume with minimal traces of THC. Lately, the benefits of hemp seed oil have come to the limelight. Here is what you need to know about the nutritional qualities of hemp seed.
- Hemp is a complete protein, containing all the twenty-one amino acids and the nine essential amino acids.
- It is necessary for people to consume the essential amino acids through food intake as the body cannot replace it naturally.
- The help seed oil blends the Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids that the body cannot synthesize.
- The essential fatty acids in the hemp seed oil support a wide range of cellular processes in the body, such as the functioning of the heart and brain.
- The hemp seeds are the finest source of Vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, and iron.
- The hemp seeds also contain plant fibers that help in regulating the symptoms of atopic dermatitis and prevent the development of acne.
The hemp oil or hempseed oil is manufactured through cold pressing the seeds. The oil is unrefined and green in color with a nutty flavor. As it is made from the hemp seed only, the oil does not contain THC, although the matter is subject to dispute. Hemp seed oil is fast gaining popularity in the beauty industry for its qualities. It is one of the basic ingredients of several products and a favorite of beauty brands. There are countless benefits of the oil, which helps in enhancing and soothing the skin. No wonder the hemp seed oil face mask is the preference of today’s women.
Benefits of hemp seed oil for skin
If you care for your skin, using hemp seed oil provides the following benefits.
- Regulates oil production: The hemp oil is suitable for different skin types as it contains moisturizing properties, which do not block the pores. Moreover, the oil helps in balancing the oily skin, hydrates it, and controls the production of oil on the skin.
- Prevents acne: Dry skin can produce excess oil, which can stimulate the production of acne. With the application of hemp seed oil, you can prevent dryness on the skin without blocking the pores, which in turn reduces the development of acne.
- Treatment of atopic dermatitis: The Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are highly beneficial to the skin, so you need to consume the oil to absorb the nutrients fully and treating various skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis. Research reveals that consuming hemp seed oil can reduce the appearance and symptoms of atopic dermatitis after twenty weeks.
- Anti-aging benefits: Apart from moisturizing and calming the skin, the hemp seed oil is blessed with anti-aging properties. It helps in reducing the development of wrinkles and fine lines that contribute to aging. If you want to minimize the fine lines that appear on the face, using the hemp seed oil face mask can help.
Application of hemp oil
There are several ways in which to apply hemp seed oil on the skin and the first one is a direct application on the skin.
If you have dry and irritating patches on the skin, the application of hemp seed oil can soothe the areas quickly. However, you need to conduct a patch test to figure out if your skin reacts negatively to it.
- You can wash and dry a section of your upper arm such as the elbow and apply a small amount of hemp seed oil on the area.
- Now cover the area of application with a bandage and try to avoid making it wet.
- If you find burning, itching, redness, or inflammation on the spot, you are sensitive to the oil and try to avoid using it. Once the irritation occurs, you need to remove the bandage immediately and wash the area with soap and water.
- If there is no reaction on the skin, it is safe to use it.
If you are using the hemp oil for the treatment of acne and want to apply it topically, apply it on the skin directly and allow it to stay on the skin for a couple of minutes before washing it with warm water.
Using a mixture of hemp seed oil and essential oil
You can combine hemp seed oil with essential oil or anti-inflammatory ingredients and apply the solution to the skin directly. For instance, you can mix requisite quantities of hemp seed oil and coconut oil and heat it within an interval of thirty seconds, and add lavender or rosemary oil to it.
However, if you want to avoid these hassles, using the hemp seed oil face mask can help.
Keep the myths away
Several people have misconceptions about hemp seed oil but you should stay away from myths before using hemp seed oil for the skin.
- Many people believe that hemp oil creates a high and results in intoxication similarly as THC but the truth is that hemp oil contains traces of THC and completely safe.
- According to some people, hemp and CBD oil are similar but hemp oil is made from hemp seeds without any CBD in it but CBD is made from leaves, stalks and flowers of the hemp plant and the seeds produce oil.
- Many people think that hemp oil is not beneficial for the skin but it is a suitable moisturizer that helps in soothing the skin.
Using hemp seed orally for the skin
Consuming hemp seed oil orally can provide the same benefits to the skin as it does to the health. If you consume the oil orally, you can avoid the irritation of topical application. If you have sensitive skin, oral consumption of hemp seed oil can help.
Taking one to two teaspoons of the oil within divided doses is suitable. However, if you do not prefer the earthy taste of the oil, you can combine it in salad dressings, smoothies, and soup or use it for cooking.
Suitable for different skin types
One of the reasons why everyone can use hemp seed oil safely is that it is suitable for different skin types. Whether you have dry, oily, or combination skin, using a hemp seed oil face mask can keep your skin looking healthy and glowing. Some people have more oil on the center of the face and around the T-zone compared to the rest while others have an oily face.
Several skin products claim to offer a glow after application, but the results are not satisfactory. On the other hand, hemp seed oil interacts with the skin very well due to its ability to moisturize and keeps the skin hydrated by controlling the production of oil, which leads to the development of acne.
So, if you are not satisfied with the skin products available in the market to achieve the glow, relying on the face mask can help.
Enhance skin oxygenation
The presence of Vitamin E in hemp oil helps in the production of red blood cells in the body, which carries oxygen to different parts. Apart from this, the RBCs also help in the dilation of the blood vessels to allow the blood to flow well to every part of the body and the organs.
Whether through topical application or ingestion of hemp seed oil, you can provide a boost to the Vitamin E content in the body and allow the skin to receive oxygen-rich blood. The oxygenated blood also delivers rich nutrients to the skin and keeps it healthy for several years.
Tips to choose hemp oil skincare product
Today, you will find hemp oil in various cosmetic products but before purchasing them, here is what you need to know.
- Check the composition: The manufacturers of skincare products often include traces of hemp oil in their beauty products and sell it as a super product for the skin. Even though hemp oil is not the first ingredient of the product you buy, the composition of hemp oil should be significant.
- Know your needs: What is the goal of your skincare routine? Do you want to buy a beauty product containing hemp oil just because you are familiar with its benefits? When buying any cosmetic product containing hemp oil, try to find out whether it addresses the requirements of your skin. For instance, if you have a dry skin, applying a hemp seed oil face mask can help.
- Other ingredients: No beauty products will contain hemp oil solely and it will blend with various other ingredients. So, if you are trying to buy a skincare product to get rid of acne, try to check whether the other ingredients support the cause.
- Switch the brand: Not all hemp seed oil products provide the same results. Depending on your requirements, you need to find out whether the product aligns with your needs. However, if you are not satisfied with the outcome, you are free to switch to any other skincare product you need.
Whether you apply it topically or ingest it, hemp seed oil offers numerous benefits to the skin. It is a safe product for use and helps in keeping your skin moisturized from the inside. The rich nutrients present in the oil can nourish your skin and make to feel supple and soft with the prolonged application.